THE QUALITY LABEL FOR PROMOTING THE CYPRIOT GASTRONOMY
The Quality Label for promoting the Cypriot Gastronomy is the joint effort between the Deputy Ministry of Tourism and the private sector to highlight, promote and exploit the ‘’Cypriot Gastronomy’’ as an element of the cultural heritage of Cyprus.
It is aimed at shaping a new gastronomic consciousness and at the quality upgrade of the field of nutrition and the services related to gastronomy. It will act as a means of:
- Promotion of the nutritional heritage of Cyprus
- Connection of the agro-food sector with tourism and cultural heritage
- Promotion of local quality products and businesses
- Utilization of the rich oeno-gastronomic tradition of Cyprus
- Establishment of Cyprus into a destination of gastronomic experiences
The Quality Label aspires to be the link among the productive sectors of the Cypriot economy and, at the same time, the vehicle for the development of unique gastronomic experiences on the island.